Re: Why we don't own Fords..

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Dec 20 2008 - 23:53:39 EST

Barry Oliver wrote:

> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d90_1229190375
> Apparently Tom has a long lost cousin with a Land Rover...
> Wait til about 4:30 in.

Prior to viewing - my first thoughts were:

a) - part of the land rover could go flying into the ford

b) - ford gets split in two at the frame

c) - ford goes up in flames

d) - interesting that this "tow truck" has a light duty sling type
wrecker mounted in the BED of the truck... as opposed to a traditional
service body.

e) - taking note of the new Chevy truck in the video - Iknew the clip
was fairly recent which leads me to...

f) - the absolute NEWEST that ford might be is 11-12 years old... last
year that body style was built was 1996-ish.

g) - there was no diesel engine rattle, further strengthing my initial
thoughts that this truck was not a heavy duty truck... which would be
more able to handle a recovery than the light duty truck I suspected it
was...

then I noted that it had F-150 badges

To defend the ford - its an older truck - subjected to some pretty good
abuse over its life... I would imagine...

While I doubt the owner would have ever thought his truck would fold up
- even new, I seriously doubt any 1/2 ton truck (ford chevy or dodge)
would ever have been up to that task.

The white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only...