Re: Civic Also Doubles As Snow Plow Blade

From: SilverEightynine@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 24 2008 - 17:17:53 EST

In article <giu6p1$bq0$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, jon@dakota-truck.net writes:

> SilverEightynine@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Coming into work.. started braking and downshifting... its snowing hard...
>
> > Chevy truck 3 car lengths in front of me stabs on his brakes and throws on
his
> > blinker at the last moment and turns into the parking lot at work...
>

> The Chevy truck slowed down quicker than your Civic?

Amazing - but yes... I couldn't believe how fast the guy slowed... I attribute
it to the fact my Civic has "all season" passenger tires - and the Chevy was a
4x4, with a much better tread pattern. Most A/T truck tires have awesome
little things called sipes, that typical sport all season tires don't have.
Also being in 4x4 (assuming he was) you get better all wheel breaking with the
drive train all rotating at the same realtive speed.

> Or was it more of a lack of reaction time as opposed to stopping ability?

All the reaction time I had was to think to myself "bumper or snow!?" I
chooosed teh snowz...

> At any rate, I'm glad to hear there was no damage! Its also nice to know
> that you could pick up some supplimental income clearing parking lots
> should you so desire. :-) (Just watch out for those poles!) ;-)

heh heh

Terrible Tom