Re: Buying a 1989 vs. 1991+ 1st Gen Dakotas

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2008 - 03:20:50 EST

>I've been trying to locate a better frame than the one under my 89 4x4.

Just so you know, Tom, outside the rust belt frames hold up for
decades. If you want a solid frame look to the south or even better
the west. Out here if there is snow or ice they sand more than they
salt and it's only for a few weeks a year as opposed to months on end.
My Dakota picked up more rust in it's one winter in Michigan than it
did in the 12 winters it had before that in Oregon and Washington.