Re: Buying a 1989 vs. 1991+ 1st Gen Dakotas

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 28 2008 - 23:19:08 EST

Matt Beazer wrote:

> No doubt. ;)
>
> Spokane, WA area is all I'll say. ;) Dakotas seem to be overpriced
> around here... the Kelly Blue Book on the '89 is $2650 even though I've
> seen '92-94 models running for 2250-2500 on Craigslist.
>
> Thanks for all the assistance for those who commented. My wife stepped
> in and said she wants a club cab so in an emergency we can jam the kids
> into the back seat. They didn't make a club cab in '89, soooo... I
> think I'd rather have the Mag V6 or even the V8 if I can find one. I
> had all those "mods" listed to try to get the horsepower up to a
> reasonable level. I've driven my father in law's '91 V6 Dakota 2wd and
> with the extra weight of the 4x4 I figured I'd have to do SOMETHING...
>
> Thanks again,
>
> MattB
>

> Jason Bleazard wrote:
>
>>Terrible Tom wrote:
>>

>>>Whats yer zip code?
>>>

>>Be afraid...

In 1990 they made the only Gen I club cab... has the front clip of an 87-90 but the club cab
body - those are a little harder to find. And for some reason - the Gen I front clip just
looks really weird with a club cab.

Que my offical Hello and Welcome: Welcome to The List Matt - do not let me alarm you. heh...
I'm just the local resident eccentric Gen I Dak freak.

Sorry to hear you won't be getting the Gen I. How much was the owner asking? I've been trying
to locate a better frame than the one under my 89 4x4. I'm not one who thinks frame welding is
a good idea. heh

"Man is the only kind of varmnit [who] sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it"
-John Steinbeck