RE: RE: 5.2 vibration/rumble/groan or something like that...

From: Rick Suter (rick.suteriii@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 04 2009 - 17:03:12 EST

A few more tests.... rear driveshaft Ujoints are new. Front driveshaft
was removed and it acts the same... I'm thinking it's gotta be the
engine... I reproduced it in 4th and 3rd. Both in lockup and far from
a downshift. In other words solidly in gear. Could not reproduce in
2nd or 1st, but the request for power is far less in those gears.

It stumbles at 1600-1700 RPMS with very light and exact throttle
pressure. Its more a feel thing than an audible thing I'm finding. I
added some Lucas snake oil to the fuel with hopes that leftover crap
from a very leaky intake which I fixed might be the issue and that
said SO might fix it. thoughts?

thanks,

Rick

ps: Good news is that I'm pretty confident that it's not the tranny.