RE: RE: 2000 Dakota - Odd loud whine from rear end

From: Hop (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 20:08:36 EST

> From: hskr@cox.net
> To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
> Subject: DML: RE: 2000 Dakota - Odd loud whine from rear end
> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:03:05 -0600
>

> I'd recommend adding some friction modifier first. Usually bottled as
> limited slip additive. I know the bottle of Royal Purple says it already
> has some in it, but it's not enough for our tock limited slips.
>
> brian cropp

If that were the case it would wine while turning. The pinion bearing is the one on the front of the diff where the driveshaft connects. It requires pulling everything out of the diff to replace.

--Hop
Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_hm_justgotbetter_explore_012009