RE: DML BBQ 2009?

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2009 - 17:06:24 EST

BBQ 2009...
The only weekend that I could possibly make work is Aug 14-16.
I am always grateful when you and the rest of the crew are able to accomodate me, and my ability to make it for the yearly pilgrimmage. However, if other people feel another weekend is better for a higher attendance, please schedule the dates for the greater good. ;)
I do always have a great time when I go, I'd hate to have some dates that work for me, but not a bunch of other people...

As for the buggy, zero work has been done on it since it travelled back to Windsor.
I haven't talked too much to my friend, the builder/assembler about it. I passed him that whole list of changes that I wanted to get done, but I'm not sure if he's been busy with other projects, or just lost interest in working on the buggy or whatever. It's still being stored at his place in Windsor though.
Maybe he doesn't like getting paid for working on it? lol

I still have no place to store it out here in Alberta, especially since the Cherokee is still in a bazillion pieces in my garage. lololol
Jackie and I actually started talking about moving to a different home -- we live in a cookie-cutter neighbourhood where the houses are very close together. In December some new owners moved in directly behind us, and they have an idiot son that has a 1982 VW with a fart-can exhaust that he likes to rev to 5000 rpm while he sits in the driveway warming his engine. Good times...
We like our house, but we want a bigger kitchen, bigger backyard, I want a MUCH bigger garage, but I don't know if that is possible unless we move into a farm or something more rural and I can build my own pole-barn and outfit it like the Steiger hangar. :D
Right now though, I'd settle for a 3-car attached. Then I could at least park all 3 vehicles inside, or a couple of them along with a trailer.
In the next 5 years, I'm either going to need to have my own pole barn, or find a larger space to rent or else I won't be able to buy the things I want to buy to travel to the places I want to travel to.
Plus, I still want to get back into snow-plowing, and I need space to store all the equipment and supplies for that business.

Bah, I need a 200 acre farm, then i'll be good! lol

I just looked at what I wrote and decided to send it just to you, not much DML-related content. hehe

The Adam Blaster
Two words, figure it out.....

> To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
>

> "Mr. Plow" wrote:
>

>> My boss asked for our vacation requests on the first monday of the year.
>> I'm planning a trip for the end of July/into August to be driving
>> east back home. Of course Jackie and I have a wedding to go to, it
>> seems like every summer there is some wedding drawing me east. lol
>> Anyways this wedding is in Halifax, so the rest of my family decided
>> that we would all have family va-ca in Nova Scotia around the time
>> Jackie and I have that wedding to attend. They'll watch Spencer for
>> us while we are partying with my friends. :)
>> I'm REALLY looking forward to driving out rather than flying. Going
>> on our schedule, stopping along the way to see the sites we want to
>> see and not having to deal with sitting on an airplane on the
>> runway, waiting and waiting and waiting to take off for over an
>> hour. Man I hate that!
>

> Adam,
>
> Does that mean you will be a no-show for the BBQ this year, or
> were you thinking of doing the BBQ at the same time as the wedding?
> If its the latter, and you know which dates would be good for you,
> please let me know and hopefully I can find a BBQ date that will also
> work for you.
>
> Speaking of the BBQ, how is the buggy coming along? Did you get
> those modifications done and if so how is it working for you? Did you
> bring it home or is it still in Ontario?
>
> --
> -Jon-
>
> .- Jon Steiger -- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -.
> | '96 Kolb Firefly, '96 Suzuki Intruder, Miscellaneous Mopars |
Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_howitworks_012009