Re: DML BBQ 2009?

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 24 2009 - 23:26:03 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> None of the servers were ever set up that way, that was just my
> personal workstation. The case got taken off because I used to have a
> second power supply sitting on top to provide power for some extra
> hard drives and such which I had installed, and I stuck the household
> style fan next to it because that seemed to get the best airflow; the
> case fans won't do much good when the case is off.

Sorry Jon - didn't mean to insinuate you were a mangey hacker/mad scientist with computers with
cables jammed into ports with paperclips and thumb tacks.... err - wait - that really happened
I think LOL...

I kid! I kid! I'm being silly! Sorry!

As we all know my memory isn't awesome... and the mental image I have, always seems to have a
desktop fan cooling something... forgive me. lol I'm no different... I have cases with no
sides on them because they run cooler with them off... and I have had window fans blowing on
them to keep them cool in the summer. I wasn't trying to make fun of your computers... just
the opposite - I sit in awe of your mad 733l skilz. I am not worthey!

"Man is the only kind of varmint [who] sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it"
-John Steinbeck