Re: DML BBQ 2009?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Jan 25 2009 - 16:20:13 EST

Terrible Tom <silvereightynine@aol.com> wrote:

> jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>>

>> None of the servers were ever set up that way, that was just my
>> personal workstation. The case got taken off because I used to have a
>> second power supply sitting on top to provide power for some extra
>> hard drives and such which I had installed, and I stuck the household
>> style fan next to it because that seemed to get the best airflow; the
>> case fans won't do much good when the case is off.

> Sorry Jon - didn't mean to insinuate you were a mangey hacker/mad scientist with computers with
> cables jammed into ports with paperclips and thumb tacks.... err - wait - that really happened
> I think LOL...

   I have no idea where you'd get such an idea! :-)

http://www.dakota-truck.net/GRAFIX/csclub0wires.jpg

> I kid! I kid! I'm being silly! Sorry!

> As we all know my memory isn't awesome... and the mental image I have, always seems to have a
> desktop fan cooling something... forgive me. lol I'm no different... I have cases with no
> sides on them because they run cooler with them off... and I have had window fans blowing on
> them to keep them cool in the summer. I wasn't trying to make fun of your computers... just
> the opposite - I sit in awe of your mad 733l skilz. I am not worthey!

   Heh! No offense taken. My personal machine was indeed a hacked up
frankenstein for quite some time. (Actually, the main reason it still
isn't is because the household fan that was cooling it finally bit the
dust - I guess they aren't supposed to run 24/7 for months on end...)
;-) My servers and the systems that other people depend on I take
more seriously, but if something happens to my own machine, I'm the
only one who will be affected by it, so there has definitely been some
experimenting and Red Green-edness happening there. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-