Cloggged heater core - ThroFlush to the rescue?

From: Tom Coulter (metalshop@optonline.net)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2009 - 17:01:14 EST

A couple years ago I lost virtually all heating. My heater core is toast
and this was no doubt due to my lame failure to ever flush my coolant. This
even contributed to my water pump failing (bearings/seals) at about 8 years
(57590 miles).

So - what to do about the clogged heater core? I'm sure many of you know
what's involved in removing it from the Dakota so let's not even go there.
In exploring/searching/surfing the 'net, I stumbled onto what I believe may
be the very next best thing:

Thoro Flush by Irontite (Kwik-way):
http://www.irontite.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4&zen-
id=1ca29354381138950675c2b8b7603f95

According to its manufacturer, this industrial strength product has been
successfully used on diesels and heavy duty trucks. The one-pint jar is
actually a powder which is mixed on-site to the recommended specs (using
very hot water). You then isolate the heater core by cutting/disconnecting
the feeder hoses and - with the heater turned ON - circulating the Thoro
Flush solution in a back flush direction for about 10 minutes or so. It's
supposed to work miracles ...

This may be the only "solution" to this problem, short of the miserable task
of removing the core from under the dash.

Has anyone ever heard of/used Thoro Flush?

Tommy