Re: 09 BBQ Time Off...

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Mar 03 2009 - 00:34:29 EST

On Mar 2, 2009, at 10:26 PM, Barry Oliver wrote:

> jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>> Terrible Tom <silvereightynine@aol.com> wrote:

>>> See I don't even really figure myself as the road king... Guys
>>> like Mike and Barry have far more miles of seat time than I do,
>>> with their work related travel. And Adam took that cross-
>>> continent trip a few years ago... and Walt and Ingrid as well as
>>> Mike and Norah and Jason all ended their DML Colorado trips with
>>> far more miles on the clock than I did.
>>> Then again I did also push something like 1100 - 1200 miles
>>> straight from MN to CO with 14 hours of driving... I dunno...
>>> whatever... I'll let history be the judge of who's crazier...
>> True, but the way I see it, they all put on a lot of miles, but for
>> good reasons. IMHO, someone who will drive a thousand miles just to
>> see what color the grass is somewhere else is probably more of a road
>> tripper than somebody who goes twice as far for work. ;-)
>
> If it helps, I don't consider myself a road-tripper, I consider
> myself a Traveler. Mike will know what I mean. I guess the
> difference might be explained as the trip is not about the trip,
> it's about the destination. Road trippers can stop and smell
> roses [or whatever], I typically cannot.

I'm more of a destination type guy too, I usually want to get where
I'm going. I don't travel for work anymore (I miss it, and I don't)
but if I totaled up my mileage for wheeling I'm sure I'd be knocking
on the door of the 21k Tom is counting for DML. As long as I get to
count NC and CO, even though those were both work/wheeling trips. I
put on 500 miles in a weekend once or twice every month, and my next
trip will roll over 50k on the SAS. I rolled over 160k on the truck
yesterday on my way home from Rausch Creek, and I did the swap at
112,xxx. Not bad....

Here's the sad state of the beast these days:
<http://www.kodakgallery.com/tara_jason_and_bobby_wilson/main/2009-03_-_rausch_creek?UV=750102716103_436306020115

Yes, the driver's side is the worse these days, and I've pretty much
given up caring about the rockers. They are both rotting, the dside
has a huge rot hole in the bottom, and I just need to mildly boatside
it. Along with tubing out the back and shortening it up a foot or four.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the list much. I'll see "the
regulars" in August though.

Pony tail Mike with the red wrinkle trap