Re: RE: amsoil rep here?

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 07 2009 - 00:50:58 EST

The only vehicle I have other than the Dakota burns oil, and bad. Not
talking about a car, it's my Yamaha Banshee. Since 2 strokes burn a
fuel/oil mixture they provide an extreme example of the kinds of
deposits and nature of the lubrication of oil. The people that use the
"dino" oil have to mix it around 40:1 and with hard riding will
typically have to rebuild the engine every 5 years or so. My dad and I
are both die hard Schaeffer Synthetic fans. The synthetic costs a lot
more than non-synthetic 2 stroke oil but we mix it at 80:1, so in the
end it's cheaper. Since the gas is cleaner it runs really well with
premium gas and some octane booster as opposed to a 50% racing
fuel/premium gas mixture with Yamalube. The other thing is that with
the synthetics there is a residual lubrication that makes it so you
don't have to warm up the engine as long before riding and letting off
the throttle quickly doesn't damage the engine. My dad's quad is 20
years old and has never needed rebuilt and no body we know that uses
synthetic has ever needed to have their engines rebuilt, of course
that doesn't mean they don't bore them out anyway but when they do the
shops are always shocked by how clean the engines are and how little
wear there is.

All that being said, since my Dakota doesn't burn oil I use the old
fashioned kind.