Re: Weird electrical problems

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Wed Mar 25 2009 - 00:30:27 EDT

On Tuesday 24 March 2009 05:44 pm, Azie L. Magnusson wrote:
> David!! Have you tried jiggling the ignition switch while the
> dash is "doing its thing"??

Yeah, that doesn't seem to matter one way or the other.

> Either that or jiggling the wiring
> harness that feeds the Inst cluster??

Haven't pulled the dash apart yet. That's probably going to have to wait for
the weekend.

In the mean time, I found something else today. The "low gas" light came on
while driving home today, with the accompanying "bing" noise to let me know
that it was on. I had the headlights on at the time, and I got the flicker of
hi-beams, and the rest of the symptoms. That's the first time it's done it at
anything other than startup.

So now I'm back to wondering if it is a problem in the dash itself.

> Good luck Don't ya just love these weird things..

No, not really. I get plenty of weird things to think about at work. I don't
need more of them.