Re: RE: Is my LSD broke?

From: Eric (huffy340@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 31 2009 - 02:02:38 EDT

> (4) Remove wheel and bolt Special Tool 6790 to the studs.

> (6) If rotating torque is less than 22 N-m (30 ft. lbs.) or more
> than 271 N-m (200 ft. lbs.) on either wheel the unit should be
> serviced.

> The Special Tool 6790 looks to be just a plate with some holes in
> it to fit three of the wheel studs and providing a center
> attachment point for a torque wrench. Lacking Special Tool 6790
> here right now, I can probably make one out of some plate or bar
> stock.

You could try a quicker test and leave the wheel on and put a torque
wrench on one of the lug nuts. Keep the wrench at a 90 degree
angle from the center-to-lugnut radius.

That will be accurate enough and save you some time if the torque
is less that whatever you lugnut torque is. If the answer is in
the 100-200 range instead of 30-100, then i guess you're back
to making a tool.