Re: Source for dash illumination light bulbs?

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 02:01:05 EDT

On Sunday 05 April 2009 11:01 pm, WiLieR wrote:
> I was going to ask the same thing. Looking at that side of the board
> I can tell there is an ic involved, but all the resistors drop the
> voltage going to the bulbs themselves.

For the three little clear LEDs, yes. Those are fed 5V, from the TCCM, to
indicate the current transfer case mode. Being LEDs, they need the associated
current limiting resistor to keep from burning up. The two larger ones are
lamps, though, and are fed 12V from the headlight switch for dash
illumination.

The rest of the resistors on the board are used to make the switch itself. The
TCCM feeds 5V in to the common side of the rotary switch, and reads the
resulting voltage out. From the different resistors, the TCCM can figure out
which position the switch is in.

> Not sure what voltage is being fed to the board, but I can promise
> those bulbs are not getting 12v.

>From the FSM:

http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/temp/tccs.jpg

This shows the two illumination lamps as a single bulb (circle with an X in
it) on the left, and the four status LEDs for the transfer case shift modes.
For some reason, they lable 2wd as "Default" here.