Re: Trailer brake wiring

From: Kurt Cypher (kcypher42.lists@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 08 2009 - 20:21:03 EDT

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 6:01 PM, <DodgeDe@cs.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have the factory tow package on my 00 Durango.
>
> Does anybody on this great list happen to know were the wiring for the brake
> control is under the hood? At least I hope it is under the hood.
>
> I did some looking around but I haven't seen anything
>
> I'm a new to me 28' enclosed car trailer and figure I need brakes. 9-)

IIRC, when I hooked up a brake controller to my '97 Dakota with
factory towing package, all I had to do was make sure I bought the
Dodge cable for the controller I bought. It plugged right into a
connector under the dash. Unfortunately, I don't recall exactly where
under the dash it was, but I seem to recall it was to the left of the
steering wheel. Not that that matters, because it could be somewhere
else on your 00 Durango, though I would imagine it would still be
under the dash somewhere, since the controller tends to be installed
somewhere near the driver.

Kurt

Kurt