RE: Source for dash illumination light bulbs?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Sat Apr 11 2009 - 13:29:32 EDT

Low resistance in the circuit (which LED's are much lower than incandescent
bulbs - they're about 2ohms) causes some strange things to happen: Interior
lights staying on, door locks inop, and clusters "freaking out" (lights
blinking). Had this happen on several folks over the years who tried a
complete LED conversion on their Ram/Dakota. A simple resistor on the main
feed circuit will take care of that.

On your CTM:

56045452AF = Highline (Keyless Entry) - Supercedes to a 5114190AA
56045451AG = Low-Line (No Keyless) - Supercedes to a 5114189AA

You can use either one...keyless won't work though even with a high-line in
the low-line truck. There's more to it that just adding the SKIM/SKREEM
module.

- Bernd