Powdercoating

From: clhyer@cox.net
Date: Wed Apr 15 2009 - 07:39:31 EDT

Howdy folks,
For anyone interested in having parts powdercoated, we just had our intake manifold pc by an outfit in TN called Phoenix Specialty Coating (PSC). When we restored our Firebird we had many parts powdered by a local firm, but they were all either black or silver - the local firm didn't want to special order any other colors or (anymore) do small jobs.
We learned of PSC on another forum I frequent & I want to pass along how pleased we are with the work they done. After my initial contact they sent me several color swatches for matching up (we settled on Poncho Blue). We sent the intake, PVC bracket, thermostat housing and a handful of bolts. They turned them around in a week for us! And the quality of the work is way above what we got locally.
Pictures can be found here:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=59923

Or, you can contact me directly and I will be glad to send you the pics. The color has a little more blue in it, but we intend to send the valve covers in this fall which will mitigate the slight color difference.
I am not related to these folks, but they were super to deal with, price was reasonable and I am happy to give them a plug. If you are considering any powdercoating, give these good folks a try.
Cal & James Hyer