Re: Dome light question

From: WiLieR (waffle787@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 15 2009 - 15:19:28 EDT

Does the glove box light work? Also, does the under hood light work
as well? If none of those function, check for a fuse under the hood.
About a 5 amp blade fuse, listed as Fuse 2 in my 96 FSM.
Also in circuit with these is a Time Delay Relay, which when activated
by the dome lamp, delays the turn on/off of the "courtesy lamp" under
the dash on the far passenger side and the key halo that lights up
around the lock cylinder on the steering column. If neither of these
are working, check that same fuse.

By the schematic in my FSM, Fuse 2 is a 5 Amp and feeds all of these
lights. The glove box, under hood, "courtesy light", and key halo
light all have their own dedicated ground. The Dome Lamp is grounded
through the door jamb switches, both of these switches are spliced at
a common splice in the Dome Lamp circuit, so unless that splice is
bad, it should still work if one switch goes bad.

Though it could be possible for the time delay relay to burn out the
coils inside and cause an issue. It is listed as being in the Fuse
Block under the dash.

WiLieR