Re: Re: R/T tires now Barry venting

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Apr 28 2009 - 19:46:27 EDT

Jason Bleazard wrote:

> Olznut@aol.com wrote:
>

>>Try getting tires at Costco that didn't come on your car then.............
>

> Try getting tires at Costco that *DID* come on the truck. They refused
> to install the "oversize" 235/75R15 on mine because the sticker on the
> door said the minimum size was a 215. Never mind that the Sport package
> came with the upgraded larger size from the factory, they wanted to drop
> me back down to the minimum. I got my money back.

   I hate idiots like that. That's a counter person who doesn't know anything but make, model
and year in the computer. My Ram says 215/something/somthing tires too on the door sticker as
well. If that happened to me, boy would there be some words exchanged. At the same time I
understand why it happens. Every time there is some stupid policy implemented, its because
there was a stupid person behind it. When I ordered tires for my Ram and Christine from tire
rack - I did not list a vehicle. I got phone calls at home after the orders were submitted both
times - they were calling to verify what I was putting them on. Somewhere along the line
idiots bought tires that wouldn't fit on whatever they were putting them on, and wanted their
money back after they were mounted. So tire companies got paranoid and started putting these
"if it didn't come stock..." policies in place, no matter how absurd.

"Man is the only kind of varmint [who] sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it"
-John Steinbeck