Switches and Wiring

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Tue May 05 2009 - 18:03:44 EDT

I've been exploring my problem with my interior lights not coming on
when I open the doors. I went to swap the door switches and learned
something - the switches Napa sells don't fit right, they won't tighten
down. That leads to a question - how does one recover one of the 2
wires going to said switch when it pops off the switch when you're
pulling it out, getting lost in the cavity behind the hole? DOH!

Then I have these mysterious connectors dangling near my fuse panel,
anyone know what they are?

http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/what_wiring.jpg

Thanks,

MattB