RE: Leaking power steering fluid

From: Brian (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Sat May 16 2009 - 09:07:03 EDT

It may be the line itself. On both my old '99 and my current '00, I had a
case where the pressure line started leaking through the hose itself. Not
at any fitting, but literally though the hose. It had deteriorated and
became porous. I replaced o-rings and even swapped pumps thinking it was
leaking from somewhere else. Only swapping out the entire hose fixed the
problem. On my '00, when the motor was running, I actually saw the power
steering fluid weeping through the hose out really small holes all along it.

brian cropp