Re: Re: Leaking power steering fluid

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Sun May 17 2009 - 12:44:27 EDT

On Sunday 17 May 2009 10:52:37 Tom Coulter wrote:
> Now let's turn to the Check Engine message I mentioned.  I pulled the code
> and it's P0132 (O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage).  Sensor 1 & 2 on Bank 1
> read "1000V 0% S.T. fuel trim".  This strikes me as a possible short.

I could see a bath of power steering fluid shorting things out in the O2
sensor, yes. Even if not, it's probably not good for the O2S.

> What's the most practical interpretation of P0132?  Could it be a burned
> fuse?

Could be. Should only take a minute to check them. If you find the one(s) for
the O2 sensors burned out, replace it and see if it burns out again
immediately. Even if not just the fuse, if your O2S got hosed down with power
steering fluid, I'm thinking you'll need to replace it.