Re: Auto parts swap at the Dunkirk NY County Fairgrounds

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue May 19 2009 - 15:17:40 EDT

On Sat, May 16, 2009 5:26 pm, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Hmmmm, trolling Craigslist for Dakota parts? :-)

Yep. It has yet to pay off, but you never know. I guess if I were really
serious, I'd also have auto searches set up on eBay and Kijiji. Mostly I
used that search to test the RSS feature on Craigslist and left it set up
once I got it figured out.

> Well, I ended up going. Unfortunately it started to rain about 2
> minutes after I walked through the gate and all the outdoor vendors
> got out the tarps and shut down just as I got to my favorite tool
> vendor. :-( So, I only ended up being able to go through half of the
> vendors. Since I already paid my $5 for parking, I didn't care how
> much rain there was, and moseyed around anyway. I found some stuff
> under the tents and in the buildings. As usual, I didn't buy any auto
> parts though - just a few trinkets and the big find of the day was 850
> feet of cat5e cable for $15. I dunno how I manage to find networking
> equipment at an auto parts show, but there it is. :-)

Hmmm... well, sounds like I didn't miss too much. Glad it wasn't a total
loss.

Jason