UCA Bushings

From: clhyer@cox.net
Date: Sat May 23 2009 - 18:16:06 EDT

Evening folks,
Working on a '99 2wd, upper control arm bushings.
I have removed the right side UCA and the bushings. My question is how far the new bushings should seat into the control arms? The bushings have a slightly larger diameter near the "top end". The bushings I removed had been replaced about 3 years ago and were just barely pressed on, maybe 1/8" or less. Is this correct or should they be seated all the way in?
If you reply, please copy me directly as I am on the digest and won't get the answer until sometime tomorrow...
Many thanks,
Cal Hyer
clhyer@cox.net