Re: 97-04 2wd Dak Front Wheel Bearings

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue May 26 2009 - 02:54:02 EDT

Jason Bleazard <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

> jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>>
>> However, I was pretty sure about my recollection, so I did a quick
>> search just to check. I wonder if it could be a GenII vs GenIII
>> thing? (we were working on Jason's '95 at the time)

> I think the ABS ring on my 4x4 was on the front drive shaft, not the
> hub. The 2wd hubs are different, so I don't know how they work.

  Aha! Thanks, Jason! That was indeed what I was thinking of. I
forgot it was the axles we were swapping out, and not the hubs. (I
think maybe the hubs were during the previous trip.) :-)

  Anyhoo, having the ABS ring on the axle (halfshaft, whatever) would
explain why there is no ABS and non-ABS hub for the GenII. Must be
they moved the ring from the axle to the hub during the GenIII
redesign...

--
                                          -Jon-