Re: Hot Hot Hot

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Sat May 30 2009 - 21:18:52 EDT

I remember the spring being in the one I took off when replacing it,
but since the new one didn't come with it, I didn't put it back in --
doh. It does make sense - the only times it got hot on the highway
was when I was going up a hill and kicked the overdrive off since with
the bigger tires it likes to cylce in and out of overdrive. On the
way back in to town on the highway it didn't get hot until I gave it
some throttle accelerating up to the speed limit after a car turned
off slowly.

The thermostat is new too, but it's always maintained 1/4th of the
gauge until now on my trips to and from work.

I'm tempted to spend the $130 bucks for a new radiator "to be safe".
I'm sick of spending 20 bucks on new coolant and worrying about air
bubbles every time I troubleshoot it, and with my wife possibly
driving it I'd like the peace of mind as any car she touches self
destructs in creative ways. :)

Anyone know the part number for the lower rad hose from the dealer?

Thanks,

MattB