RE: RE: RE: Hot Hot Hot

From: John Hower (jehower@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 07:05:01 EDT

Matt,
None of the problems you're having sound all that unusual, given the year of
the truck. Within the first year after I bought my '95, in '02 or '03, I
replaced all shocks, the serpentine belt, tensioner, fan clutch, plugs, cap,
rotor, wires, and a few others things I'm sure I forgot. The radiator was
replaced not too long before I bought it...I've been told the GenII rads
were not that great. Since then I replaced the water pump, power steering
pump, all hoses and added power windows and locks.
I don't think that's too bad on a 14 year old truck. It now has 137,000
miles, is equipped just the way I want it, and I'd drive it any distance,
any time, with the camper in tow and not worry about it. That's not bad, in
my book, considering the fairly minimal investment I have in it!
The nickel and dime stuff can irritate you, but to me it's better than
making payments on a new truck!
John Hower
'95 Dak 3.9 auto, 2wd