RE: Towing lights

From: Hop (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 09:52:21 EDT

This is the one I used on my Dakota. It's a flat 4 pin pigtail.
http://www.hopkinstowingsolutions.com/products/vehicle_wiring_kits/wiring_kits/dodge_ram_pickups_95-03_except_2002_1500_dakota_95-03.html

Plug-n-play no cutting sold at wally world or just about any automotive supply..
--Hop

> Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 09:38:27 -0400
> From: metalshop@optonline.net
> Subject: DML: Towing lights
> To: Dakota-Truck@dakota-truck.net
>

> '97 Dakota Sport | 2WD | 3.9L V6
>
> I'd like to have a "standard" plug-in for towing lights. What I have in mind
> is a simple utility trailer - lights only (no brakes).
>
> I see nothing that looks like a "terminal" at the rear of the pickup
> anywhere under the bumper area. I also do not believe my pickup was
> equipped with a "towing package" (which I take to mean having the
> bundle/terminal I now desire.)
>
> To effect what I wanna do, is this a tall order? Or is there a poor man's
> way to do it? I'd be willing to buy a "kit" at PepBoys if I knew I could
> get something that would adapt.
>
> From years ago, I have a couple of "tail light taps" us used for a U-Haul
> trailer but I'd rather not use them unless I have to. I'd rather end up w/
> something "standard" - plug-n-play for a variety of simple trailers.
>
> Any thoughts are appreciated.

HotmailŪ has a new way to see what's up with your friends.