RE: Bad Dakota Weekend

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 19:35:53 EDT

Magnum valve covers shouldn't leak. They use a silicone rubber/multi-layer
gasket that is reusable and there are 10 bolts per side to keep everything
in check.

The bolts only need to be SNUG and you should have no problem. I've reused
my 17 year old gaskets many times without issue.

The most likely sources of an oil leak near the top of the engine is the oil
pressure sending unit, the rear of the intake manifold, and (less likely)
the oil fill cap on the valve cover.

Ray