RE: RE: Hot Hot Hot

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 20:11:58 EDT

No offence Brian, but the fan clutch should not be "engaged" at "normal"
operating temps. It should always move relatively easily (although not
necessarily what you might call a "spin") until the radiator temp it senses
is high enough to basically lock it up to where there is little to no easy
turning of it by hand. I'd have to look in my FSM to tell you exactly
what temp that might be but in all my years of experience my fan has only
"engaged" (I could hear the roar clearly) when sitting at a traffic light in
95 degree temps with the AC on.

Just my .02.

Ray