hot hot hot

From: rll (charger69rt@cox.net)
Date: Wed Jun 03 2009 - 01:40:45 EDT

list

clutch fans

Had one fail on my 92 dak in san diego late 90's

the new one roared more on startup than the old.

never had an issue other than with under drive pulleys
it would get hot in stop and go traffic.

my 69 charger had a clutch fan that would engage during idle
like you had thrown a switch.

while working on the refrigeration it would suddenly roar as
it engaged and then after cooling the radiator down it would
disengage .

the only time you would hear it is when you came off the
freeway in summer, get stopped at a light and it would engage
for a few blocks and then go quiet again.

After a couple of years it did not do the same behavior.

I had a friend that we car pooled with to work.

On the hottest days in phoenix his surburban's fan clutch would
engage at the thunderbird road's overpass on a southbound trip
from 19 ave and deer valley road in phx az..google map if needed.

it was the only other vehicle's clutch fan that behaved like my charger's.

charger now runs a viper electric

robob/ferts/phx
92 dak gone...still hanging around