Re: Accel stock coil replacement - Any good?

From: Garret Lewis (ladysmithgwl@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 07:36:25 EDT

I used one of these on my 1997 Dakota. Mine was one of the first 1997s
and I did see a little difference with the coil. I didn't feel any
"seat of the pants" improvement; however, it did smooth out the idle and
running a little bit. The first one I put in had a problem and left me
stranded on a rainy day. The replacement I got lasted about 8 years
before it went bad. I replaced that one with a MSD coil.

Hope that helps,
Garret
X-Dak owner