Re: Re: Re: Tranny fluid capacity - reprise

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jun 12 2009 - 22:59:48 EDT

Ray Block wrote:

> Better, much better, is to get a reusable Mopar pan gasket from your
> friendly dealer's parts counter. They are multilayer metal/rubber. I've
> reused mine at least a dozen times. It does not leak and your only cleanup
> is wiping it off. A little pricey but well worth it in effort and time
> saved.
>
> Ray

NAPA now sells the OEM style metal reinforced rubber reuseable gasket/filter kits for many
common GM, Ford, Chrysler trannys. I've got one installed on the Ram. nice, leak free seal.
The first time I've ever been able to make a trans pan NOT leak. Cork and plain rubber both suck.

"Man is the only kind of varmint [who] sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it"
-John Steinbeck