Re: Re: Re: Tranny fluid capacity - reprise

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Jun 13 2009 - 15:12:40 EDT

Terrible Tom <silvereightynine@aol.com> wrote:
> Ray Block wrote:
>>

>> Better, much better, is to get a reusable Mopar pan gasket from your
>> friendly dealer's parts counter. They are multilayer metal/rubber. I've
>> reused mine at least a dozen times. It does not leak and your only cleanup
>> is wiping it off. A little pricey but well worth it in effort and time
>> saved.
>>
>> Ray
>>

> NAPA now sells the OEM style metal reinforced rubber reuseable gasket/filter kits for many
> common GM, Ford, Chrysler trannys. I've got one installed on the Ram. nice, leak free seal.
> The first time I've ever been able to make a trans pan NOT leak. Cork and plain rubber both suck.

Tom,

   Do you have a part number for the 904 and 727? Or, what do I need
to do to find them at napaonline.com (or what do I need to ask for at
the local store)? I searched on napaonline and saw an "oem style"
gasket which was about $35 for the 518/46RX style but nothing for the
500/42RX or for the 904 or 727. (Its weird that they don't list
something for the 727 since the 518 gasket should fit that... right?)

   Thanks!

--
                                          -Jon-