A u-joint favor/question

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Thu Jun 25 2009 - 17:34:00 EDT

I think the noise I've been hearing is one of the front u-joints going
out on my '95 4x4 318 Dakota. Can anyone tell me what part numbers to
order on Rock auto to make sure I get the right ones?

Also, if it comes down to it, would there be any ill effects of removing
the front drive shaft temporarily?

Usually I'd spend some time and figure it out myself - but I'm pinched
for time. This is my only working vehicle now (out of 3) as my Minivan
is down and some $#@$# hit my wife head on in my '98 Neon totaling it
and sending her and my kids to the hospital. It's not been a good week.

Thanks!

MattB