RE: Almost back in a Dak

From: Brian (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Sun Jun 28 2009 - 11:30:23 EDT

I called up a dealer one time after reading an add in the local auto sales
magazines in San Diego. They had a PT Cruiser listed as having a 4cyl
diesel. I knew it wasn't true, but figured I'd call the dealer to see what
they say. Worst part about it is, the first person who answered the
phone(one of the salesmen) didn't know anything about it so put me on the
phone with supposedly a manager who actually had to check his inventory
listing on his computer to verify that they did not have a diesel PT Cruiser
on their lot and that is was a misprint in the add.

I've also met a guy in person who was driving a Dakota that had R/T stickers
on it. Started asking him about it, acting like I didn't know anything
about R/Ts, and he said he had just bought it a couple months ago and it was
a rare 5.9L Dakota R/T and that they only made a limited number of them.
Then he popped the hood to show me the motor and it was a 4.7L. When I
pointed out the 4.7L on the stock intake he kind of just shut up a little
bit. Wonder if he took it back to the dealer to bitch??

brian cropp