Re: 2001 power mirrors on a 2000... wiring Q

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu Jul 02 2009 - 09:56:25 EDT

On Wed, July 1, 2009 3:49 pm, Mike Sykes wrote:

> Anyone know the actual difference in these mirrors?

I put '98 mirrors on our 2001. The connectors were different. 2000 might
use the same connectors as 2001, since the heated mirrors were an option
in 2000. However, Brian already mentioned that the pinout is different.

I didn't need to do any soldering, I just replaced the connectors with new
ones and crimped the pins on to the wires. I tried to match the
connectors on the truck, but wasn't able to find anyone who had any clue
where that part came from. It was just a matter of figuring out what wire
went where, they were different colors so I had to dig out the volt meter.

Jason