Re: Front drive shaft location

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Jul 24 2009 - 15:50:58 EDT

On Jun 22, 2009, at 11:17 , Azie L. Magnusson wrote:

> Matt B writes: >>Isn't the front drive shaft on the driver's side
> in my '95? <<
>
> I think it is on the right(passenger) side..
>
> FOMOCO is the only Big three to use the drivers side..

Incorrect on both counts: modern Dodges are driver drop as well:

All solid axle Chevies are passenger drop.
All solid axle Toyotas are passenger drop.
All pre-1994 solid axle Dodges are passenger drop.

All solid axle Fords are driver drop.
All 1994 and up solid axle Dodges are driver drop.

I believe that everyone's IFS setups are driver drop.
All Dakotas are driver drop, IFS Toyotas are driver drop, IFS Chevies
are driver drop, etc.
Can anyone think of a passenger drop IFS setup? I find it odd that
there are *none* but it certainly helps out with tcase and diff
interchangeability.

Mike
I know a few things about wrenching, and swapping parts between makes.