$#@$#@ rear diff

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Fri Jul 31 2009 - 02:01:48 EDT

So, after a couple months after changing the fluid, the truck has
decided it wants it's rear diff fluid changed again and is leaking all
over the ground to get it's way. I just spent a lovely 20 minutes
laying in decaying cherries and ants in the dirt pumping my diff full
again (thank god for the Amsoil hand pump) Thankfully it was only a
quarter of a quart low.

Does anyone have any experience with rubber gaskets? These look to be
ok and if I don't have to wait 24 hours for the RTV to cure completely
before I risk filling the diff the $10 more than a tube of RTV would be
worth it:

http://www.ok4wd.com/index.php/catalog/product/lubelocker_differential_gaskets/

Cars can never be happy with me... sheesh.

MattB