Re: RE: $#@$#@ rear diff

From: Scott Lane (rsb7424@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 02 2009 - 10:20:17 EDT

Matt,

When I have had my limited slip act up, it would shudder a little when
I turned. The Chrysler dope needed the additive and without it, the
diff would chatter. I would bet the Amsoil or Royal Purple are
superior by far to the Mopar stuff and do not need the additive,
however, I cannot imagine that it could not hurt a bit to have it in
there. Racheting sound?, I would bet that is not a diff though, like
you said if it were that loud, it would likely come apart already.
That could even be the cab rubbing somewhere...

Rascal