Re: Christine is off the road indefinitely.

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Aug 05 2009 - 01:16:49 EDT

Mike Sykes wrote:

>>>I've been running over the options, I've looked at at
>
> least 6 dealerships this weekend. Crunched trade in $$ values... laid out
> sinarios for trade
> ins and what to keep what to dump...<<<
>
> Tom, I can't let you get rid of Christine without chiming in =)

Hey Mike!!! Good to hear from ya man! Yup I remember you were the first person to reply to my
first DML Post, back when I was posting as "kaboinga" hahahaha....

> Aren't many premags left out there, but most of them were longbeds so
> finding a frame shouldn't be too hard.

True - but the challenge is finding one that is solid and not as bad as what I have already. Or
worse.

> I do agree that wrenching on your
> trucks constantly takes a lot of the enthusiasm out of you and it just gets
> old knowing that every weekend is going to be another set of parts, busted
> knuckles, and hoping you don't have to run back to the parts store on
> sunday.

I admit that the enthuiasem of a few years ago, that I used to have.... is not there anymore.
I never thought I would say that I was tired of dealing with these trucks. But I have been
doing this every summer for the last 7 years. I guess burning out was inevitable.

> The cash for clunkers thing will get you a pretty stout discount,
> and a new truck will have a warranty to help prevent wrenching for a while.
> I'd hate to see Christine go, but if it's her or your sanity... well... I'd
> still vote for Christine... but still! A new truck is nice. Consider it a
> gift to yourself. I don't think you'll be sorry to not have to wrench on
> something for a while =)

heh - I dunno. I tend to make snap decisions, we'll see what happens lol

"Man is the only kind of varmint [who] sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it"
-John Steinbeck