Re: Christine is off the road indefinitely.

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 15:58:03 EDT

>> I've been running over the options, I've looked at at
least 6 dealerships this weekend. Crunched trade in $$ values... laid out
sinarios for trade
ins and what to keep what to dump...<<<

Tom, I can't let you get rid of Christine without chiming in =)

Aren't many premags left out there, but most of them were longbeds so
finding a frame shouldn't be too hard. I do agree that wrenching on your
trucks constantly takes a lot of the enthusiasm out of you and it just gets
old knowing that every weekend is going to be another set of parts, busted
knuckles, and hoping you don't have to run back to the parts store on
sunday. The cash for clunkers thing will get you a pretty stout discount,
and a new truck will have a warranty to help prevent wrenching for a while.
I'd hate to see Christine go, but if it's her or your sanity... well... I'd
still vote for Christine... but still! A new truck is nice. Consider it a
gift to yourself. I don't think you'll be sorry to not have to wrench on
something for a while =)

- miggity

00' R/T CC. Mods and stuff.