A/C leak

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Fri Aug 07 2009 - 10:41:02 EDT

ffastje wrote: >>Tom I have been chasing the dam thing for
two summers now. I have replced all the o rings, orifice tube
cleaned and pulled a vacuum on it for 3 hours . Then I added
dye and the correct amount of refrigerant it lasts for about 3
months and then nothing. I still have not seen any uv dye in
two summers? any thoughts are appreciated. TIA <<

I'm not Tom but I have a suggestion.... Look closely where
the pulley& clutch attaches to the front of the Compressor..
Behind the pulley will be oily and usually black & dirty if the
front seal in the compressor is leaking.. Had this once on a
'90 Dak V6. Nearly drove me crazy until I got a sniffer and
found it... Replaced the front seal and it lasted about 2 years
before it went south again.. Replace the Compressor came
next.

Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads.

Azie