more flood pics (King Rd washout)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Aug 11 2009 - 19:13:29 EDT

  Here is a section of King Road, about a mile from DML HQ. If you
were headed down King to the general store where we normally turn left
to get to the thruway or the ice cream shop, if you were to go
straight there instead, this is what you'd see after a few hundred
feet:

   http://www.jonsteiger.com/temp/flooding/kingroad/

  I'm thinking that section might be closed for a while. :-) Its
actually passable, IMHO. That twisted section of guardrail across the
road is probably the most annoying obstacle. That large tree could be
nudged out of the way. There's a rather rough bit in the middle
section with some ~1' drops or so, but most 4x4 vehicles could
probably handle it if they were careful, and both holes could be
driven around. I might be tempted to try it if the Ram were currently
running. ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-