Re: The Dakota Curse Strikes Again

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 12 2009 - 10:16:27 EDT

If you do manage to find a 3" kit that gives you front bumper
brackets, let me know or buy a kit for me too (i'll buy it off you
with your markup). even if you find a kit with bracket templates, i'll
buy a copy of the templates from you.

I managed to scrounge up a trailmaster 3" kit at some point in the
past. I never installed it... for one thing my dak is a rust belt
dak... so it will need some pb blaster soak time and i'm not ready for
that aggrivation. plus my 31x10.5s fit just fine with the jeep rims
(gotta love 5 on 4.5). but that kit didn't have brackets or even
templates... and the steering shaft extension looks flimsy. it did
come with a new 4x4 shifter boot (whoop dee).

I guess if/when I replace the clutch, I'll force myself to also do the
lift kit. An extra 3" of play in the tunnel will help enormously.
That, a trans jack, and shelter with a concrete floor will make me
wonder if I died and went to Dak heaven, compared to the last time I
dropped the drivetrain.

Eh I digress.

Don in CT (depressed about not going to the BBQ)
89 DakVert 318 NV3500 4x4 (almost done with cooling system overhaul)
74 Dart Sport 340
98 Jeep ZJ