Re: Bed Weights

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 25 2009 - 07:47:15 EDT

When my fuel pump failed, I had nearly a full tank. I wasn't about to
drain it and certainly couldn't drop it without draining it. My dad
and I were able to lift the bed off with relative ease. I wouldn't say
it was like lifting pillows... but the two of us could handle it. I
took the plastic bedliner out first though... didn't need that extra
weight.

If I ever have to do a fuel pump on a Dak again, that's the way I'll
go regardless of how much fuel is in the tank. Plus it's fun to drive
around without a bed :)

I can't compare to a Gen3 though.

Don in CT
89 Dak Vert 318 NV3500 4x4