Bed Weights

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Mon Aug 24 2009 - 20:00:10 EDT

A friend of mine has an '00 Dakota CC shortbed that we pulled the bed
off of this weekend with just him and myself lifting it on to some
sawhorses. Does anyone know from experience if the 1st/2nd gen Dakota
like my '95 CC short bed has a similar weight to the bed, or is it
heavier or lighter? I'm sure the Line-X bedliner I have will make it
heavier than usual, but still.

I ask since it was so amazingly easy to take off on my friends '00 Dak
that it's the first thing I'd do if I had to change the fuel pump, or do
extensive work on the exhaust, etc, especially since my Dakota has the
skidplates that makes it look like it'd be a real pain to drop the fuel
tank just to do a fuel pump...