A recommendation against: Pacer Flexi-Flares

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Sun Aug 30 2009 - 23:51:27 EDT

Well, I tried my best to get the rims I bought with tires to fit my '95
Dakota 4x4 today with no luck.
I put the front Pacer "Flexi Flares" on and was too tired to do the
rears by the time I'd done the front. The
"custom fit" kit for the 1st/2nd gen Dakota is anything but. They're
supposed to give you more coverage for wider tires/wheels, all it
managed to do to mine in stock form is rub on the 31x10.5x15 tires I
have on it. I had to do some major trimming to get them to fit without
rubbing.

So now I get to load up and go have the tires put on the stock rims
because I can't afford another set of rims as I just bought a '94
Chrysler LHS. Now I have two new-to-me cars to work on. Sigh.

MattB