Re: Testing backup switch?

From: David Wilker (wilkerbeast01@charter.net)
Date: Fri Sep 04 2009 - 00:37:28 EDT

If the lamps light up when you do this, and they don't when normaled
up, I would say the switch is bad. While you have the wires off the
switch, use an Ohmmeter to check for continuity between the switch
posts (with transmission in reverse). You should see pretty close to
zero Ohms at that point. An open reading means the switch has gone to
the happy hunting grounds.

If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them.
David C. Wilker Jr.
USAF (RET)